Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Embracing Your Second Calling by Dale Hanson Bourke


When I saw this book on the Booksneeze website, a portion of the title seemed to speak directly to me. Although I am blessed with a good husband and two wonderful kids I have been feeling a bit lost and restless lately. I feel as though I am meant to be doing something in addition to being a wife and mother. I just don’t know what that “something” is. So when I saw that the title included "Find Passion and Purpose for the Rest of Your Life" I thought this was a book I should read. Dale Hanson Bourke writes about many things that women who are beginning their journey into mid-life will find useful. Although I am in my 40's, there were some situations in the book which I could not relate to (I have two small kids at home and empty nest syndrome is not in my immediate future).  There are other portions however that I found to be uplifting and I was offered some excellent suggestions on how to bring added happiness and contentment to my life.

Due to my financial circumstances, I have been having a love/hate relationship with God lately. Ms. Bourke’s book reminded me that God always has definite, purposeful plans for my life and that although it may be hard to see right now, the best is yet to come.   This book helped me to view certain situations in a new light and made me realize that life might be tough right now, but with God‘s love and guidance I will make it through. I urge you to stick with this book.  Don’t give up if you find there are certain parts you cannot relate to.  See it through to the end and you will walk away with many pearls of wisdom.

I want to thank Booksneeze and Thomas Nelson Publishers for providing me with this book and for giving me the opportunity to review same.
49A654Q4SP25

No comments: